The two day Symposium will feature both oral and poster sessions, with invited and contributed papers and posters.
The Chair of the Symposium will be Prof. Johannes Gescher from Institute of Technical Microbiology, TU Hamburg, Germany.
The Scientific Advisory Board, chaired by Prof. Ioannis Ieropoulos from the University of Southamptom, UK ensures that all presentations are of high quality.
The full MEEP 2022 program, listing all contributions, can now be downloaded here.
The technical programme will cover a variety of topics including (but not limited to):
- Development of Biocatalysts and Reaction Cascades
Engineering of microbes or enzymes for application in bioelectrochemical systems, optimized single or multispecies biofilm development, integration of bioelectrochemical systems in multistep process cascades
- New materials for Bioelectrochemical Processes
Advanced anode and cathode materials, steered and tailored interaction of enzymes and organisms with electrode surfaces
- Reactors and Scale- up studies of Microbial Electrochemical Systems
Reactor systems and geometries, upscaling studies, resilience and stability of reactor systems
- Life Cycle Assessment and Economic Boundary Conditions for Bioelectrochemical Technologies
- Bio-electrochemical Systems for Protection, Resilience, Rehabilitation of Environment (PHOENIX)